Camp Chattajack: A Racer's Retreat
CANCELLED for 2021
All-inclusive 6 days and 6 nights on the peaceful Tennessee River Gorge with 3X Chattajack women's champion, Seychelle.
The mindset, nutrition, confidence, coaching, camaraderie, and logistical support you need to have the best race experience of your life.
Please contact Seychelle via email for interest in other retreats for 2022
TOGETHER WE WILL GO OVER:
- Stroke technique and skills specific to ultra-endurance,
- Sports nutrition for ultra-endurance,
- Race strategy and course logistics,
- Confidence and having a winning mindset,
- Yoga, recovery, breathing, and so much more.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE:
Schedule subject to change
- 7:30am – Meditation
- 8:00am – Breakfast
- 9:00am – Paddle /skills session
- 11:00am – Lunch
- 12:00pm – Education and preparedness session
- 4:00pm – Snacks
- 5:00pm – Yoga and recovery session
- 7:00pm – Dinner
- 8:00pm – Hot tub or fire
- 9:00pm – 7:00am Quiet time
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 6 nights stay at the peaceful, riverfront Shawnee Cabin. – private and shared spaces available. Full kitchen, fire pit, and hot tub.
- 3 delicious and nutritious, omnivorous meals a day – vegan and gluten-free options.
- All group coaching and instruction from Seychelle.
- Technique – drafting, starts, stroke analysis + videos
- Sports Nutrition – discussions, recipes, and supplements for ultra-endurance
- Mindset – This includes guided Meditation and Journaling (for all participants)
- Course – Overview + finish line tour
- Yoga – recovery, mobility, calming + aerobic breathing techniques
- 1 x 45min post-race Massage – on Saturday pm or Sunday am at the camp house.
- Pre-race Onit Pro + KT Tape stations at the camp house.
- Sherpa (logistical race and board transport assistance) + cheering squad. (We will be sharing Sherpas.)
- Chattajack packing list + Pre-Race checklist
- Hot tub, Firepit, Storytelling, Sharing circles, Community
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Transportation to and from the house in Chattanooga
- Local transportation – some provided and we will organize carpools together
- 1 night’s dinner eating out at a local restaurant
- Race entry and Race entry fees
- Board Rental – limited board rentals are available. Contact Seychelle
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
I’ve never raced in Chattajack. Will this camp prepare me for the event?
This is a retreat. Not a training camp. This camp will help immensely with your confidence on and off the racecourse, as well as race logistics, preparation, and setting you up for the best race experience of your life. It will not substitute for lack of physical training in preparation for the event. I highly recommend completing a 16-week Chattajack training program before camp arrival. Think of this camp as a little fine-tuning, a bit of self-exploration, and a lot of fun!
This is my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Chattajack. Will I still get value from this retreat?
Absolutely! The tools, skills, techniques, meditations, meals, and energy we will share this week will enhance your 31-mile paddle and add takeaway lessons for the rest of your races and life.
I’ve always heard it’s not good to change anything right before a race. What about the technical work and nutrition coaching? Will this affect my race?
Great question. Think of this week as a little fine-tuning, a bit of self-exploration, and a lot of fun! A treat for yourself and a reward for all the hard work you’ve put in training for this event. My goal is for this to be the best race experience possible. Instead of stressed, I want you to feel excited, relaxed, and ready. As far as training, this camp will not substitute or replace the necessity of following a training program, including nutrition, to prepare for paddling 31 miles. As far as nutrition, I plan to work with you on what you’ve already been using to train with and turn that into a solid race-nutrition plan! I will also give you takeaways on improving your sports nutrition once you’ve returned home.
Seychelle, are you racing in this year’s Chattajack?
No, I am not racing this year and will be here entirely to support you and this group.
How many participants will be at the camp?
This retreat is limited to 10 paddlers.
Is this retreat for Women only?
No. Open-hearted male paddlers are welcome to attend as well.
Is my Sherpa/spouse/partner/friend allowed to stay in the house with us even if they are not participating in the camp?
There is limited space for non-paddlers to join. Please reach out to Seychelle directly by email at email@example.com to discuss pricing for this.
Do I need to be registered for Chattajack to attend?
Technically no, you could join us for the week. You will get all the benefits of the sessions without the challenge of the race. Retreat cost does not include CJ registration or entry fee.
I already have a place to stay in Chattanooga. Can I just come to the camp but not stay in the house?
I will open up a waitlist for this option. IF there ends up being availability for day-campers only, I will release these spaces with restrictions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the waitlist and for day camp pricing.
Private room –
Shared room –
2021 RETREAT CANCELLED – Please contact Seychelle via email for info on more retreats in 2022
Application submission does not guarantee you will receive a space.